What is a Road Traffic Accident?
Road traffic accidents are any collisions on the road involving a vehicle, person (road users), or an object resulting in damage to the vehicle, property, injuries and even death. If you’re involved in a Road Traffic
Accident, you can claim whether you’re a:
- Driver or passenger in any type of vehicle
- Public transport user
- Horse rider
Causes of Road Traffic Accidents
Road accidents often happen due to:
- Weather Conditions
- Reckless Driver
- Under influence of drugs or alcohol
- Malfunction of the vehicle
What to do after the Road Traffic Accident?
If you’re unfortunately involved in a Road Traffic Accident you should follow the following steps:
1- Seek medical help immediately
Seeking medical help is the most important thing in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Even minor
injuries can become lifelong conditions if not treated properly. Visit a healthcare professional for a full
assessment of your injury. The doctor will also record the details of your accident in medical records.
2- Gather and prepare evidence
Drivers, cyclists and pedestrians may attempt to deny the occurrence of the accident despite you having
‘foolproof evidence” like footage of the accident. Gather photos and videos of your accident as clearly as
3- Get details from the witnesses around
Following an accident, witnesses have an important role in all legal proceedings. So take the contact
details of people who saw your accident. Having records of your accident will be useful during legal
4- Claim compensation with the help of Ask Legal Solicitors
Call our Injury Claims team on 0161 436 0000 now for a free no-obligation consultation. Ask Legal will
take away the burden and stress of dealing with the complex legal proceedings and work closely with
you to ensure that your journey to receiving your deserved compensation is smooth and easy.
What is an RTA claim?
If you’re injured in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, you can claim compensation for your pain and suffering, which will help recover your losses, rehabilitate you and rebuild your life.
What types of compensation may I claim?
You may make a claim for the following losses:
- Damage to vehicle – You can claim compensation for damage to your car, motorcycle, bicycle or any other vehicle in a road traffic accident.
- Medical Expenses – If you were injured in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, you can claim compensation for the medical expenses required for your treatment and recovery.
- Property Damage – If your property has been damaged due to a road traffic accident, you can also claim compensation for the recovery of your property.
- Whiplash injury – Whiplash is caused due to the sudden, violent movement of the neck during a road traffic accident, resulting in damage to tendons or ligaments. You can claim compensation for whiplash.
- Airbag injury – There are numerous injuries associated with airbag failure, in some cases where an airbag should’ve been checked and repaired during a visit to a garage, there may be a claim for compensation against the garage for their negligence to carry out their duty of care.
How much time do I get to make an RTA claim?
In the UK, there is a 3-year time limit for claims to be brought. The sooner you contact our RTA claim solicitors, the easier it is for them to prepare the application and kick off the process of making the compensation claim for you. You can fill out our form and one of our expert solicitors will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also call our Personal Injury team on 0161 436 0000 now for a free no-obligation consultation.
- Children – The 3-year limit doesn’t apply to children under 18 years of age. On the 18th birthday of your child, the 3-year rule comes into effect. So you must file the claim before they turn 21.
- Capacity – If someone lacks the mental or legal capacity to file a medical negligence claim then the three–year rule doesn’t apply. There’s no time limit for documenting a claim in such a case.
Ask Legal will help you
Ask Legal understand that taking legal action due to an injury can be stressful. Our expert solicitors are here to guide you through every step of the legal process. Contact us via phone or email, or fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We specialise in ‘no win no fee’ personal injury claims. Our dedicated team of solicitors is committed to making sure that we recover the maximum amount of compensation possible for our clients. We offer a free initial consultation so do not hesitate to contact us to enquire about whether there are prospects of success in your case.
We are a professional firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and we uphold the strict code of conduct set by our regulatory body. Call our Injury Claims team on 0161 436 0000 now for a free no-obligation consultation.