Slips, Trips and Falls

Slips, Trips and Falls

While slips, trips and falls are very common in public and workplaces, they can occur due to the negligence of someone else. You may claim against the party liable for your accident. For example, if your accident took place on the pavement, you may be able to claim against the local council. If the accident took place in a building, you can claim against the respective building owner.

How do I know if I have a claim?

You may be entitled to file a claim if you suffered injuries as a consequence of the following:

  • Cracked or uneven pavements.
  • Wet or slippery surface.
  • Spillage on the surface.
  • Inadequate lighting.
  • Unexpected obstacles.
  • Loose cables.
  • Falling from stairs or raised heights such as ramps.
  • Loose, rug or mat.
How do I file a claim?

Contact our experienced team of solicitors as soon as possible to initiate the claim process for you. Fill out our form or call us on 0161 436 0000. We will guide you through the claim process.

How do we help you?

Compensation claims can be complex and need to be handled by experienced solicitors. Our team will:
1- Consider the gravity of your injuries and the impact they have had on your life.
2- Assess the financial impact the accident has had.
3- Organize all the evidence available and prepare a strong case accordingly.
4- Help you get the compensation you deserve to help get your life back on track.

How much compensation do I get?

There is no fixed amount of compensation for slips, trips and falls. It is solely dependent on the severity of your injuries and the impact on your life.

Is there a time limit to make a claim?

In the UK, you have years of the date of your accident to make a personal injury claim. There are a few exceptions to this rule, such as:

● Children
The 3-year limit commences from their 18th birthday, so they should file their claim before they turn 21.
● Lack of capacity
The three-year rule doesn’t apply if someone lacks the mental or physical ability to make the claim themselves.

You can make a claim on behalf of:

● Your loved one who has passed away due to the accident.
● Someone who cannot handle their affairs themselves.
● Your child.

How do I strengthen my claim?

Slips, trips and falls are difficult to prove because collecting evidence can be quite complicated. Therefore, you’ll need strong evidence to prove your claim. Follow the guidelines given below in case of such an accident:

Seek medical help immediately
Seeking medical help is the most important thing you should do in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Even minor injuries can become lifelong conditions if not treated properly. Visit a healthcare professional for a full assessment of your injury. The doctor will also record the details of your accident in medical records.

Gather and prepare evidence
Employers can even deny the occurrence of the accident when you have ‘foolproof evidence” like footage of the accident. The employer will be unable to deny it. Capture photos and videos of your accident as clearly as possible.

Get details from the witnesses around
Following an accident, witnesses have an important role in all legal proceedings. So take the contact details of people who saw your accident. Having records of your accident will be useful during legal proceedings. Write the details of your accident in the company”s accident book. If there isn’t one, you should write down all the details of the accident and send it to your employer.

Claim compensation with the help of Ask Legal Solicitors
Call our Injury Claims team on 0161 436 0000 now for a free no-obligation consultation. Ask Legal will take away the burden and stress of dealing with complex legal proceedings and work closely with you to ensure that your journey to receiving your deserved compensation is smooth and easy.

Get in touch with Ask Legal for expert help

We are a professional firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and we uphold the strict code of conduct set by our regulatory body. Call our Injury Claims team on 0161 436 0000 now for a free no-obligation consultation.